The Puppy Pantry is a retail pet operation that offers a variety of foods, treats, supplies, pet grooming, and boarding & daycare for its pet-loving customers in and around Buford, Georgia.
Founded in April of 2012 by Brian and Heather Nichols and their parents, Tom and Betsy Poundstone, The Puppy Pantry began as a small, 1500 sq. ft. retail space with a small grooming table a moderate product mix and a big dream. One year later, The Puppy Pantry had seen such success we were able to triple in size! With this growth spurt, the retail area grew to 3,000 square feet, the grooming room doubled and could now accomodate 3 busy groomers. and a 1500 square foot boarding and daycare space was added. The success has continued and here at The Puppy Pantry, we have enjoyed every minute of spreading our love for pets, sharing our knowledge of quality pet products and providing premium care for your furry family members.
In 2015, The Puppy Pantry opened it’s second retail location in a neighboring Georgia suburb. Similarly to the first location, our new clients shared the same interests and love for their pets and our products.
Key Advantages of owning a Puppy Pantry Include:
• Scalable model allows you to choose your store’s structure and your investment.
• Unsurpassed level of support in finding optimal store location, employee hiring, store setup, product knowledge and bookkeeping.
• Recession resistant business model and products.
• Strong growth potential, as our headquarters has had 11 consecutive quarters of continuous growth.
• Utilize our multi-store buying power
• Adaptable franchise model and product offerings to fit in any demographic neighborhood.
This benefit helps make our franchise opportunity a low investment.
• Comprehensive training on pet nutrition and product knowledge, before, during and after your store launch.
• Access to our easily-operated and straight-forward POS, employee management and ordering system
• Opportunities for multi-store expansion
• We have the largest segments of the pet industry under one roof: high quality pet food, supplements, supplies, grooming, boarding, daycare, self wash and treat barkery.
When you join The Puppy Pantry team as a franchise owner, you will receive support in a number of different areas:
• Operational Support
• Marketing Support
• Purchasing Support
• Accounting and Legal Support
• Ongoing Research and Development
• 2-3 weeks of training at The Puppy Pantry HQ in Buford, GA beginning approximately 1 week before the franchise is scheduled to open for business
• 1 week of training at your location to get your business started
• 2 sessions per year, which can be up to 2 days of refresher/update training or meetings in each session
• Ongoing support and guidance in building and operating your business
When you join The Puppy Pantry team you have the choice of a new start-up business or you can convert your current pet supply company to be under The Puppy Pantry umbrella. When you join The Puppy Pantry team you will be given an exclusive territory of approximately 100,000 minimum population base to develop. The Puppy Pantry is always looking for expansion opportunities in new markets!
Qualifications recommended for potential franchise owners:
• Strong Sales and Client Service Abilities
• Good with Timing and Schedule Management
• High Personal Standards
• Able to Meet Initial Investment Requirements
• Strong Sense of Integrity in Corporate and Client Relationships
• A Willingness and Commitment to Excellent Service
Targeted experiences for potential franchise owners:
•Franchise Operations or Retail Service Industry Experience
• Pet Industry Interest and/or Experience
• Pet Owners
• Retail Management Experience
• Business Owner and/or Managerial Experience
• Husband and Wife entrepreneurial team who want to start a business
Interested? Complete the form today for more information on owning a Puppy Pantry franchise!